The Wonders of Winter
What: A major exhibition and benefit show of winter sports art - 34 artists and over 60 works. Subjects range from the sublime to the whimsical and styles from realistic to abstract. Some will make you gasp, others will make you laugh.
When: December 14th, to February 9th ,2020, the conclusion of Jumpfest 2020.
Winter Wonder Walk: Opens the show, December 14, from 4-7 pm, at six exhibition locations. Other Salisbury businesses will also be open.
Art for Sale Most of the art is for sale. A portion of sales benefit Salisbury Association and Salisbury Winter Sports Association.
SILENT AUCTION for an ARTHUR GETZ signed ink and watercolor painting
One week only, from 10 AM December 14 through 4 PM December 21, 2019.
Moonlit Ski Hill captures the essence of the NW Corner with intrepid souls out enjoying sports on a starry winter’s eve.
Arthur Getz (1913-1996) created 213 covers for the New Yorker magazine during his 50-year career.
He was a long-time resident of Sharon and his Moonlit Ski Hill is one version of similar scenes submitted to the magazine. A slightly different version appeared on the January 20, 1973 cover.
Bids begin at $2,500, with incremental minimum set at $50. Sign-up sheet is at the Academy Building.
To Purchase Art:
- All purchases are made through the Salisbury Association at the Academy Building, 24 Main Street, Salisbury, CT
- Credit cards and checks accepted. If by check, funds must clear before art is transferred to the buyer.
- Arrangements for pick up of purchased art to be coordinated through the Salisbury Association.
Salisbury Exhibition Locations:
- Salisbury Association at the Academy Building, 24 Main Street
- Johnnycake Books, 12 Academy Street
- NEO Restaurant & Bar, 19 Main Street
- William Pitt/Sotheby's International Realty, 19 Main Street
- Sweet William's Coffee Shop & Bakery, 17 Main Street
- The White Hart Inn, 15 Under Mountain Road
Co-curators: Allen Blagden, Sarah Morrison, and Gerald Stanton.
Ascendant Compliance Management, Elyse Harney Real Estate, Lamb Kiefer Land Surveyors, National Iron Bank, AD Perkins Company of New Haven, William Pitt/Sotheby’s International Realty, Vermont Cider Company, Whippoorwill Farm, and Yankee Magazine