Photograph by Joe Meehan

Since its founding in 1902 the Salisbury Association has carried out its original charter to benefit the Town, protect its natural resources, celebrate local history and present cultural experiences for the enrichment of all. While its mission remains the same, the Association’s organizational structure has evolved. Today, Salisbury Association combines a land trust, a historical society, and a community organization - a unique arrangement among town organizations.

The Salisbury Association Land Trust is a conservation organization dedicated to preserving the rural character of the Town, including farmland, public vistas, and critical habitats. The Land Trust works with interested land owners to establish conservation protection of their properties. Other activities include land management, environmental education, preparation of maps and booklets about the natural world. Notable examples of conserved land include Dark Hollow, the Schlesinger Bird Preserve, and Tory Hill, the foreground landscape that opens up the view to Twin Oaks and the Taconic Range. Read More...

The work of the Historical Society is to record, preserve and present Salisbury’s historical heritage through art and history exhibits, lectures, archival materials, publications and school programs. Recent exhibits have included: "Connecticut Paintings of Ellen Emmett Rand," "Salisbury During the War Years, 1939-1945" and "At Home in Civil War Salisbury." The Society presents two different lecture series, Heritage Talks, offered throughout the year, and the Era of Elegance lectures.  Read More.

The Community Events Committee is a community association that organizes lectures, sometimes in cooperation with the Historical Society. It has for a number of years sponsored musical presentations and funded music workshops for students at Salisbury Central School. It plans and organizes bus or walking tours to places of particular interest in town. Community Events provides financial assistance to town beautification projects and maintains Academy Park between the Academy Building and the Post Office. Through the Toulmin and Powel funds it finances projects at the Town Grove as well as tree planting and maintenance throughout the town. This committee sponsors the annual July Fourth picnic  at the Town Grove. Read More.